Indian Head Massage is based on an ancient Ayurvedic healing system which has been practised informally in homes in India for over 1,000 years. This is what first drew me to Indian Head Massage, the idea of women going to each others houses to talk things through with each other while getting their tensions eased out. Indian Head Massage is a wonderfully relaxing therapy that involves massage of the soft tissues in the upper back, shoulders, arms, neck, scalp and face. The treatment usually ends with balancing of the chakras.
- Higher levels of alertness and concentration
- Relief from tension headaches and eyestrain
- Stimulates and improves scalp circulation
- Soothes, comforts and rebalances you leaving you with a feeling of peace and tranquillity
- The treatment can be tailored depending on how much work is needed on the upper back, shoulders and neck. Oil can be used but it’s optional.